Friday, August 12, 2011

In betweener art

I know I need to make time for daily 365 projects again, but life is keeping me busy. Two days a week get pretty much eaten up with the local Farmer's Market. In addition to running the table for a local tea shop, on Saturdays we also have a table to sell my girl's dolls and my art.
The other vendors are so friendly and it's a cool social atmosphere, so I'm not complaining. Anyways, there's a woman there who sells what she calls 'bird cubes' which are these cubical birdhouses. I asked if they were for cubical birds and the idea struck me and wouldn't let go. I just had to make this guy. He only took two days, and he's all hand-stitched with some stiff interfacing to hold the cube shape. There's an European robin on her business card, so that's what he's supposed to be, although I had to paint on the red.
The cube bird in natural habitat.
He's gotten a lot of good comments already when I gave him to her on Wednesday, and I'm hoping tomorrow she'll help direct business our way. Saturday promises to be busy for me anyway because we'll be out of here at 6:30 for the market, and then I'm working at the tea shop after the market until who knows what time of night. It's going to be a long day, and I probably won't get a real meal until dinner. Ah well. If we can sell some dolls or art, it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment