Friday, April 3, 2015

Beatrix Potter Birds?

So my parents are coming to visit next week... second time in almost fifteen years, and they've never seen this house before.

Needless to say I'm freaking out spending time cleaning. That said, I haven't gotten as much art done as I'd like. I did get a good start on art of characters for the aforementioned roleplay community, though. For some unfathomable reason we ended up with a lot of birds.

Primrose Greenleaf
I did get a few done, before full cleaning panic set in, and I actually got drawings penciled and inked for every character that joined up thus far, but today I'm only posting the finished paintings.

Here we have Primrose Greenleaf, an herbalist chicken. I'm told she is a buff brahma, which are some of the more awesome looking chickens I've ever seen. The player is, I gather, very fond of chickens. The black feather markings and the floof around the feet make this kind a wonderful art subject!

Rumple

I don't know much about Rumple yet, although I'm pretty sure that's short for Rumplestiltskin. I was told he's a magpie with half-moon glasses, and I have a certain fondness for magpies, so I was happy to have an excuse to paint one.

And lastly we have Balthazar, a yellow-headed blackbird, which is a species I had no clue existed until my girlfriend told me about them. This is her character, and that pendant he's wearing is a cluster of grapes. Balthazar is fond of wine, being artfully mussed, and looking for a good time.

Balthazar

No comments:

Post a Comment